Monday, September 5, 2011

Perfect Weather

I can't believe it's already September & Labor Day!!  That means one thing(well, other than no more white pants/shoes)... COOLER weather.  I love the nicer weather for many reasons but one of the BIGGEST is that is so much easier to run in.  Going for a run in the fall is so much more calming that running in the summer.  I noticed that this morning when I was out for a run.  In the summer, the heat is unbearable unless you go early and you have to chug water the whole way.  However, in the fall I can wake up and go at any time of the day and usually for further distances.  This is why fall is perfect for training and races.  I am running in the Hog Jog 10K this Saturday but my next race that I must start training for asap will be October 22nd.  I am going to do another half marathon.  I completed my first one back in April and it was probably one of the happiest days of my life.  It is one of my biggest accomplishments and something I will never forget. 



I remember at 11.8 miles, I thought "Okay, I really don't know if I can run anymore... what if I just walk the rest?" Then that voice inside my head told me to shut up and keep going.  I am so glad I listened because I beat my goal of finishing in under 2 hours.  I don't race for the competition against others.  I race to show myself I can do it.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment like no other. 

I will keep you posted on how the training goes... praying for NO injuries this time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment