Monday, September 26, 2011

To Be A Runner



Today was definitely a Monday... I wanted it to be over before it even began.  However, nothing is better than going for a run.  It puts me in a much better mood.

"It's just that moment on a run when you realize it's just you and the pavement. Your stresses go away, your thoughts become clearer, and you have no one to please but yourself. No matter the distance, you end with a feeling of accomplishment. That's when you know why you keep coming back. That's what it means to be a runner."

My thoughts exactly.  Running isn't just about exercising for me... it's my time to reflect, plan, think, and talk to God.  Running on a treadmill in a crowded gym is VERY different than running outside.  I look forward to my runs - it's my "me" time.  I know others have different ways to do the same thing.  Whatever works...

No comments:

Post a Comment