Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumpkin Please

After a sweet co-worker brought pumpkin muffins to my team on Monday, I knew I had to try to make them myself.  I have pumpkin fever right now!  I got the recipe from her and she swore it is super easy.  All I know is that the muffin I had left me craving more!  I will try to make these asap, but for now I'll share the recipe.

Pumpkin Muffins
Ingredients:
1 (18 oz) package yellow or butter pecan cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Fill muffin pan with paper liners.
  2. Mix the cake mix, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until smooth.
  3. Spoon equal amounts of muffin batter into the muffin cups.
  4. Bake for 18-22 minutes.  Check to make sure the toothpick is clean!
Easy and delicious?  Sign me up!  Best thing?  Only 97 calories per muffin!  (Fact provided by teacher friend.) However, if you have a sweet tooth like me, these would be ideal with some cream cheese frosting on top or chocolate chips baked in.  (Just forget about the calories then. haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment