Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Generation

Today I am thankful to have grown up in this generation.  Which I know sounds totally stupid and crazy but let me explain... today in class we got into this intense convo about how each generation is different and why it is important to share history with future generations.  I have noticed the following before but it really hit hard today as my students and I talked...  kids today don't know life without technology, without any conflict with other countries, and definitely without things to keep them entertained.  I told them how I remember my parents getting their first cell phones, computers, CDs, and when video games came out.  I explained how I grew up without electronic games, ipods, and other things... they said, "Uhhhh, what did you do for fun then?"  When I told them I went outside and played and just used my imagination - they looked at me like I was an alien.  This is all very interesting to me... I am thankful I know a life without technology and I am able to appreciate how it has helped communication.  I am thankful I knew what it was like to experience an attack from another country and the support America showed one another.  I am thankful that I have been a part of this huge revolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment